A little while ago I showed you some blocks I’d made using my new “Alice’s Cross” template. I started making them because once the template was designed I knew exactly how I wanted to use it.
Several years ago I stitched this appliqué block, a design by Robyn Falloon
In my fabric library I found the perfect border print and put it in the basket with the other fabrics for this quilt. The number of blocks I’ve made has grown, and there’s been an insistent calling from that basket every time I walk past or enter my sewing room. So, this week I measured, cut and stitched the border fabric
Must say, I’m pretty happy! This is not “the” layout, I just plonked the block down in excited haste. Of course, in that excitement I counted out 5 more blocks required when, as you can see, I only need 4 more, so I’ve cut an extra block. Ah well, it can be the label on the quilt.
Last night, while the fabrics were out, I decided to start cutting leaves and flowers for an appliquéd border. Just need to find a suitable background…….
To all of you who are having one, enjoy the long weekend!