I’ve had a few requests for the pattern of my new (and first!) cowl. So here goes!
After a “mummy” look in my knitting basket, I did find the band from the yarn!! It’s Surprise yarn by Lincraft (I’m guessing it’s 8 ply) and a 100g ball. They suggested 6mm needles, but I found the stitches too loose, so I used 5mm needles.
An exploration of Ravelry and googling didn’t bring up a really easy cowl, so I decided to try my hand at my own.
I cast on 170 stitches and knitted 6 rows of rib. Not wanting any leftover yarn, I gambled with the next bit and knitted 22 rows of stocking stitch, then another 6 rows of rib. ( I figured I could easily undo a couple of rows of the stocking stitch if there wasn’t enough yarn to finish!! )
Cast off and sew or crochet the short ends together. Job done!
Hope this is clear enough. Any queries, let me know!